In addition to Carlson Software’s dedicated Technical Support team, regional Carlson Software Representatives and Certified Dealers provide local know-how and expertise that will assist you through the buying process.
Warning about e-Bay: Any Carlson Software products purchased on e-Bay are unauthorized copies of our products. Those software copies are not supported, warranted or upgradeable by Carlson. In addition, they may be pirated software, putting you at risk for legal action. Please buy from our authorized dealers or from the Carlson Store.
Find a Dealer by entering in an Address, Dealer Name, State, Country or by simply zooming in!
Network License Manager Overview
Networking of Carlson’s Office Software is available with a surcharge of 10% per seat. A Network License Manager program is then used on your network server to control the number of licenses that can run at the same time.
Consider the following scenarios:
- An organization that wishes to maximize license usage at a minimal cost could purchase a number of Carlson Software modules that they would have in use at any given moment in time. The “mix” could be in any combination; for example 3 of Survey, 2 of Civil, and 1 each of each Hydrology, GIS, Mining and Advanced Mining).
- The client can also choose/select which workstations can run the available products. He may choose to have some workstations be able to run Survey and Civil and others to run any modules available. All the numbers have code embedded in them which tells workstation to get its license from the server.
- At run time, the Carlson Software module requests a license from the server and deprecates the license from the “available license pool” while the module is in use. Since each module is monitored separately, a maximum of 9 workstations could be concurrently using Carlson Software in the example above. In practice, there is usually more than one module in use by an operator at a given time so a more realistic number of concurrent workstations would be closer to half of the maximum number.
- Registration is not required on client machines, only the server.
The Network License Manager software also provides an ability to easily add additional licenses at later time and also provides a way of temporarily “checking-out” (loaning) a license for remote use (e.g. for an office computer that is to be used in the field or a home computer.
Carlson Software Maintenance Plan
Carlson Software’s Maintenance Plan allows you to update your current software at a reasonable rate. Use our Account-wide Serial Number Lookup and renew your Carlson Software by filling out this form, and emailing or faxing it back to Carlson.
- Automatic upgrades for all modules when a new version is released. Manuals can be downloaded or printed manuals can be purchased separately.
- Periodic new feature additions within the 1-year release cycle.
- Toll-free priority technical support.
- Maintenance is included for free for 90-days after initial product purchase.
- Maintenance obtained at the time of initial software purchase applies for 15 months.
- An active Maintenance Plan can be renewed annually at a cost of 10% of software list price.
- If Maintenance is not renewed prior to expiration, a 1-year Maintenance Plan costs 15% of software list price and increases by 5% per year after expiration date.
- Additional license purchases fall into the maintenance program currently in place for 1-year maintenance programs.
- The maintenance program is all-inclusive and updates all modules (newly and previously purchased) of Carlson office products, including Survey, Civil, Hydrology, GIS, Takeoff, Field, Mining, and Construction.
- This Maintenance Plan does not included AutoCAD OEM products Survey Embedded ACAD and Takeoff Embedded ACAD. However, these products can be upgraded individually.
To apply, download the Credit Application Form. To learn more about a funding calculator for lease rates, info for companies in business for less than two years, or rates for customers with poor credit, email email@example.com.
Carlson Software sales literature and information is available for approved resellers. Please click on the link below to log in: