Carlson Precision 3D
True 3D Topo Editing in 3D Environment is Here!
• Overlay other LandXML file types such as points, alignments, parcels, storm and sanitary sewers, culvert pipes and other piping systems.
• View the 3D Surface with user-controlled textures to quickly spot errors in the DTM.
• Fix the errors in the DTM for re-saving and use in CAD programs, or for direct output for machine control and survey stakeout.
Never before has there been such an array of tools to locate and correct DTM errors, all in a sharp 3D interface. Surveyors, contractors and engineers alike can use the software to make sure the final DTM surface is of the highest quality. Editing tools include surface blending, spike and dimple removal, DTM vertex editing and surface pad placement by defined polygon and outslope conditions. Multiple undoes and redoes allow you to study your changes and makes things perfect.
Use the automated color and texture contrasts of P3D Topo to find DTM Anomalies and then remove them with routines such as blend.
Inspection tools include slope analysis at any point, referencing any selected or drawn alignment. The slope analysis below shows a grade of 4.000% at the selected point but also a profile slope of 6.170% along the alignment and a maximum slope of 7.353%. Any edited or existing slope can be carefully examined for accuracy in terms of fulfilling the intention of the design.
In addition, P3D Topo will allow placement of symbols from a user-expandable symbol library, and will even conduct automated field-to-finish, in 3D, from points and descriptions, leading to realistic site renderings.
Study all your DTM surfaces by taking advantage of the thumbnail viewer. Look through your files and quickly track to the target file. Load it, study it, and perfect it.
Modified surface data can be exported to LandXML-2.0, Carlson TIN, Trimble TTM, Topcon TN3 and 3D printer as STL. Yes, you can even use 3D printing to make models of your final designs, ready to show to planning commissions and to impress the project funding team. P3D Topo is the ultimate 3D visualization and editing tool all wrapped up in one solution. If DTM errors have been found and fixed, if slopes have been studied and validated, and finally, if it looks good, then it IS good. It’s ready to build, ready to show or ready to use for final design work. If you are in the DTM business, you need Precision 3D Topo.
Remarkably Easy-To-Use 3D Engineering Design Software
- P3D is multithreaded and performance will increase with core count.
- P3D is 64bit and will use all available RAM available to support large models.
- P3D uses advanced 3D shaders and performance will increase with graphics cards that process these faster.
Carlson Precision 3D Topo 2016 Feature List:
• Windows 3D thumbnail shell extension for LandXML, TIN, GRD, P3D files.
• Drag and Drop file support
• Import point data from survey .CRD and LandXML files.
• Import LandXML, DXF and Carlson TIN surfaces.
• Import polylines from LandXML, .CLN and .PLN files.
• Survey Field to Finish CRD files with points, polylines, 3D objects and textures for closed polylines.
• Simple surface creation wizard.
LandXML Imported Data Supported (LandXML-0.88, LandXML-1.0, LandXML-1.1, LandXML-1.2):
• Survey Monuments
• Survey Reduced Observations
• Surfaces (TIN and from SourceData Chains, Breaklines)
• Alignments (CoordGeom Element Supports: Line, Curve, Spirals, IrregularLines and Chains)
LandXML Imported/Exported Data (LandXML-2.0 Specific):
• Surfaces with multiple colors and textures
• Material Table
• Texture Images
• 3D Object Symbols
Example LandXML-2.0 file:
• Create surfaces from imported points and polylines.
• Add points and polylines to existing surfaces.
• Merge surfaces
• Real-time surface editing with dynamic contours, faces and slope arrows
• Add/remove points
• Add breaklines
• Swap triangle edges
• Remove triangles
• Edit point elevation
• Set point elevation from slope
• Surface smoothing
• Improve ridges and valleys
• Remove dimples (small shallow spots)
• Create PAD template surfaces for cut and fill
• Simple texturing using polylines
• Crop surfaces to polyline
• Merge Surfaces
• Surfaces (basic, from points and polylines)
• Polylines (draped to surface, 3D or 2D modes)
• Dynamic cursor snaps to vertex, insert point, near to, TIN face vertices, TIN Face edges, and Center of TIN faces.
• Dynamic angle and offset snaps.
• Exports to LandXML-2.0, Carlson TIN, Trimble .TTN, Topcon .TN3, STL
• Print to PDF
• Export to 3D Printer as .stl file
• Print Preview and Print support
• Automated 3D textures of colorized Carlson TIN and LandXML-2.0 surfaces.
• Auto texture / colorization tools for imported monochromatic surfaces.
• Insert 3D models from .OBJ and .SKP files.
• Overlay image data on surfaces.
Check out the other P3D companion products:
See P3D in Action!
[tubepress mode=”playlist” playlistValue=”PL8BsfPBmESiKTHheWW2nLYIZUdV8f0VKp” resultsPerPage=”12″ resultCountCap=”12″]