Carlson SurvCE is the first choice in data collection software with advanced, yet easy-to-use functionality:
- Get the software that supports a wide variety of equipment, old or new
- Enjoy excellent, free (and prompt) technical support
- Be heard – Carlson listens to its customers’ input for new features or drivers for all of its products
Carlson SurvCE combines advanced functionality, ease-of-use, and sheer capability to make it the first choice in data collection software. Carlson SurvCE is a complete data collection system for Real Time (RTK) GPS and Total Stations with in-field coordinate geometry. It supports the widest range of popular and new release RTK GPS and conventional/ robotic total stations. Newest instrument drivers added for Total Stations and GPS receivers include: Geomax Zoom 80, Carlson CR2/CR5 robotic, Topcon PS, Sokkia SX/50RX and South OnBoard total stations, and 20 or more new models of GPS from Carlson, Hemisphere, Datagrid, Topcon, Leica, Altus, CHC, Hi-Target, Navcom, Stonex, Javad, Geomax, Satlab and even including the Spectra Epoch 50.
Existing users, please visit the Carlson SurvCE resource center: SurvCE.com
Orders are now being taken for SurvCE3.0, which is scheduled to be ready for download on, or close to, May 1. Constantly being upgraded, SurvCE features an optional icon-based interface and new Cloud-based messaging, file transfer, NGS monument recall, simplified stakeout methods and powerful GPS measurement averaging and blunder detection in the field (with accuracies in-between RTK and post-processing). The Carlson SurvCE 3.0 upgrade is offered for just $150 for Carlson customers already using SurvCE. The price to purchase SurvCE remains the same as it has since 2007.
Here’s one of the newest aspects of Carlson SurvCE—
Now available for production! SurvCE can now read the GIS feature/attribute structure from a client’s Esri GIS geodatabase, collect additional survey-grade data to that schema, and write it back as ArcGIS compatible data in a single seamless workflow. No office software required! See it in action in this webinar, along with an introductory discussion by Brent Jones of Esri about the new opportunities for surveyors in the GIS marketplace.
In addition, this new release features new camera integration, which will provide the ability to attach pictures to points and lines and store in KMZ and EXIF files containing relevant data such as position and description. SurvCE 3.0 is available now in more than two dozen languages. These include: English, Spanish, French, French (Canadian), Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, simplified Chinese, Korean, Greek, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Swedish, Latvian and more.
Other top new features include:
- Ability to stake roads by complete LandXML Road Model—a new method augmenting “By Sections,” “By Templates,” and “From Map;”
- Ability to use point “blocks” from drawings as point symbols or as objects to snap to for stakeout or for creating alignments, with GIS attributes associated with blocks recognized;
- Large Point ID and Description Fields – expanded to 256 characters;
- Use of RTCM 3.1 messages from virtual reference stations to auto-compute grid and geoid shifts.
Literally 100s of enhancements have been built into SurvCE 3.0.
Easy to use
- Tab-Based MENU Structure. All commands are visible in each menu, preventing the need for Up-Down Arrow Keying to view options.
- Collect points in the graphics mode. Points plot as they are shot in the field or entered. There is no need to switch between screens to view your points.
Read in LandXML
- Supports LandXML points, DTM, graphics, alignments, profiles and sections.
- SurvCE Version2 has a new colorful look. Icons have been standardized to create continuity throughout the product, while modernizing the user experience.
- The new Hot List lets users jump to the SurvCE 2 routines that previously had shortcuts without having to memorize key strokes. It also provides shortcut functionality to devices without keyboards.
- SurvCE 2 can compute volumes between two surfaces, one surface and an elevation or simple stockpile volumes. Surfaces can be defined by graphical entities and points or by Carlson TIN files.
- The software has optional on-board help files. These files are the entire user manual and can be installed separately. Click on the SurvCE icon and select Help to get the help document that pertains to the current routine.
- SurvCE 2 can be used to collect trigonometric level loops and digital level loops. Loops can be processed and adjusted on the device and all existing project coordinate points can be updated.
- SurvCE 2 supports several GPS network protocols, such as NTRIP, TCP and UDP.
- The software supports an unlimited number of localization points. All project scale settings and coordinate system options have been centrally located in the localization dialog.
Angle Sets in Store Points
- SurvCE 2 allows users to “Configure” how each reading is measured with regard to direct and reverse options (Formerly know as SS/Trav). If direct and reverse readings are taken at the backsight, then any direct and reverse foresight will be considered an angle set and will be reduced accordingly. This eliminates the need to use a separate routine for angle sets.
- SurvCE 2 supports station equations.
- SurvCE 2 has the option to use a template DXF file for new jobs so that all layers and colors are automatically created per your company standard
- It has the option to auto-load cutsheets and control files from the previous job for those users that work on one site continuously
- SurvCE 2 has the ability to turn off the auto-descriptions in stakeout and completely customize how all stakeout routines behave
- Point Number by Interval –SurvCE 2 can interval the point ID by using the “Add to Next Pt ID” option. To number all points on the odd numbers, start at 1 and use 2 in this field.
- SurvCE 2 can collect parallel lines using the offset horizontal and offset vertical line drawing commands and close a rectangle by three points using the rectangle command. In the settings section of Special Codes, the user can even auto compute and store the additional points at the line vertices that were created by the software.
- SurvCE 2 allows the user to code in numerous coding styles that may be defined by their office package.
- SurvCE 2 keeps track of every instrument completely separate. This includes all base stations, rovers and total stations, so that mixing equipment is easy. Simply configure your gear once and forget it. The instrument icon has been enhanced to allow you to switch between your current equipment.
Skew Angle Staking
SurvCE 2 supports staking offsets on a skew angle and provides the option to stake offset intersections and bisectors at angle points and the radius or PI point of an arc without leaving the Stake Line/Arc routine.
- In addition to English, SurvCE is available in 15 additional languages, rated following.
- Language translations prepared and endorsed by Carlson Software: Spanish, Portuguese
- Additional substanially complete language translations, actively updated: French, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Swedish, Turkish
- Additional partial or non-updated language translations available: Czech, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Polish
SurvCE 2 Has More
- Supported Instruments
- Supported File Formats
- Supported Handheld Devices
Recommended system requirements for Carlson SurvCE, Version 2.0X
|Operating System:||Windows ® CE 3.0 and higher
Compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0
|Disk Space:||32 MB (64 MB recommended)|
|Processor:||200 Mhz or greater (Strong Arm, X Scale)|
|Connections:||9-pin TS232 or Bluetooth (Socket Communications recommended)|
Supported Data Collectors
Carlson SurvCE supports many major manufacturers’ conventional and robotic total stations and RTK GPS systems. These include:
I cannot say enough about your customer service. Every time I have had an issue or question regarding SurvCE, I have had my questions answered in a complete, timely, and professional manner. I have not found any survey tasks that I cannot perform utilizing SurvCE for construction and topographic surveying and anything that I have a question about your team is quick to answer. Thank you for the great product and the excellent customer service! — Nicholas F. Carter, PE, LSI, F2F Project Manager, Artisan Construction Services, LLC (March 19, 2009)
Finding my inner Indiana Jones — Using Carlson SurvCE to Survey History.
Using [Carlson] SurvCE, I was able to accomplish all necessary tasks, including all the field location work as well as laying out previously located, but now reburied blocks, switching between GPS, conventional total station and robotic total station at a moment’s notice. Topo shots averaged between 1,000, to 1,500 points per day in a six-hour window because of the quickness and intuitiveness of the Carlson software. — Rob Rosa, LSIT, Massachusetts
Read full story in American Surveyor (January 2009)
|Product||Total Station Support||Robotic Total Station Support||GPS Support||Price|
|SurvCE GPS Only||$1250|
|Advanced Roading||(Optional) – Requires one of the above product configurations: add $500|