‘A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey’ Released
Looking to improve your Carlson Survey skills — Cadapult Press has just released its A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey with comprehensive survey-specific instruction.
CANBY, Ore. – Rick Ellis of Cadapult Press has recently released their newest book featuring Carlson Software instruction. A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey focuses on effectively using this powerful software and is the companion to their other Carlson textbook, A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals.
“While A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals is designed for any and all users of Carlson office applications, including Civil, Survey, Mining and Estimating,” says Ellis, “the new book, A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey, picks up where the Fundamentals book leaves off and focuses in on the survey-specific topics found only in Carlson Survey.”
The set of two books totals almost 700 pages of detailed training content, including 65 lessons and 133 hands-on exercises. This is advanced training material designed for self-study by end users and for use in schools and for reseller training courses.
“The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered,” Ellis adds. “This is followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.”
Topics covered in the book are designed to help users complete the following tasks:
- Navigate the Pull-down Menus and Ribbon Menus
- Set up Carlson Software to use the Project approach
- Utilize various COGO tools
- Enter Raw Survey Data at the Command Prompt
- Enter Raw Survey Data in the Carlson Raw Data Editor
- Adjust a Traverse with Compass and Angle Balance
- Adjust a Traverse with Carlson SurvNet
- Enter Deed Data to Create a Deed File
- Perform a Deed Correlation with Field Data
- Create and Edit Lots and Areas
- Utilize Carlson LotNet to Generate Lots and Setbacks
- Edit and Annotate LotNet Lots
- Setup Field to Finish Codes and Generate 2D and 3D Geometry
- Utilize Various Critical Coordinate File Utilities
- Utilize the Point History to Record all Edits to Coordinate Files
- Use Special Linetypes for Map Creation
The versions of both books available today are based on Carlson’s 2015 software, but the 2016 versions of both books are in progress and should be available by the end of February. The book retails for $89.99 and is available through Cadapult Software Solutions.
For more information about these textbooks, visit http://www.cadapult-software.com/product/a-practical-guide-to-carlson-software-2015/ for A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals and http://www.cadapult-software.com/product/a-practical-guide-to-carlson-survey-2015/ for A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey.
Carlson Training Manuals are also available from That CAD Girl — http://thatcadgirl.com/carlson-software-training-manuals/ — and include: Carlson Configure and CAD Settings, Getting Started with Points with Carlson Survey and Civil, and Field to Finish.