A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals 2017 Released
CANBY, Ore. – A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals 2017 has recently been released by Rick Ellis of Cadapult Press. A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals 2017 focuses on a helping people achieve a mastery of the areas of commonality between all the Carlson desktop solutions. These include Carlson Survey, Carlson Civil, Carlson Hydrology, Carlson Mining, Carlson Takeoff, Carlson Construction, and more.
“This book is a great resource for new users and experienced users alike, with step-by-step instructions for many tasks and workflows that apply to all Carlson users regardless of the package they are using,” says Ellis.
The Practical Guide books have been formatted to maximize learning by starting all lessons with an explanation of the concepts and processes that will be covered; followed by real world examples in step-by-step exercises that you can perform yourself with the included dataset.
With over 300 pages organized into 34 lessons with 79 exercises, each lesson includes detailed descriptions of processes and theory with many illustrations and diagrams in a large format spiral bound book that lies perfectly flat on your work surface.
After completing A Practical Guide to Carlson Fundamentals 2017, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Pull-down Menus and Ribbon Menus
- Set up Carlson Software to use the Project approach
- Work with Coordinate Files
- Draw Points into the Drawing
- Edit Points in the Drawing and External Point Database
- Create Point Groups
- Prepare Surface Data using Points and 3D Polylines
- Create Surface Models
- View and Edit Surfaces
- Perform Surface Inquiries
- Generate and Label Contours
- Perform Basic Drawing and Editing in CAD
- Import and Export Land XML Data
- Work with Google Earth and World files
- Work with Centerlines
- Generate Linework Labels
- Convert Carlson Point Blocks to Civil 3D Points
- Convert Civil 3D Point, Surface, Alignment and Label objects to Carlson data
Cadapult Press also publishes A Practical Guide to Carlson Survey that builds on the foundation of knowledge established in A Practical Guide for Carlson Software Fundamentals. Carlson Survey, the Practical Guide 2017 is now available for preorder and starts shipping December 5, 2016.
Cadapult Press offers books for AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, and Carlson Software, written by authors with decades of industry expertise and classroom teaching experience. Visit www.cadapult-software.com for more information.